What do I need to know to get started?
To start using online banking, you must have a NetTeller ID and Password. To begin, you will need to register for online banking. Click the Online Banking button at the top and choose Get Started. We will send your NetTeller ID and password to you within one to three business days once we confirm your application.
You may also apply at our main office or by calling us at (662) 286-5577.
Is there a charge for banking online?
There is NO CHARGE for account access, including paying bills.
NETTELLER USER ID AND PASSWORD
Can I change my User ID?
Yes. You can create an alias to replace the 12-digit NetTeller ID that you were assigned. Your user ID is case-sensitive and must be four to twelve characters long. The User ID cannot begin with a number, but may include numbers. The following special characters are allowed: + _ % @ ! $ & * ~. To create an alias User ID, simply click on “Options” on the NetTeller navigation bar and fill in the “NetTeller ID” field.
Can I change my Password?
Yes. You can change your Password at any time. You may wish to change your Password periodically for your security. To change your Password, simply click on “Options” on the NetTeller navigation bar and fill in the “NetTeller Password” fields. Passwords must be 8 to 25 characters and alpha-numeric.
Can you send my user ID and Password through e-mail?
No, e-mail is not a secure means of communication. Because we want to protect the privacy of your account information, your log-in information is mailed to your home address.
What happens if I forget my Password?
We do not have access to your Password. However, if you forget your Password, we can reset it. Contact us at (662) 286-5577. You can also use the password reset feature on the login page.
What happens if I enter the wrong ID or Password?
You are allowed 3 attempts to enter your login information. If unsuccessful after the third attempt, your online account access will be locked. Contact us at (662) 286-5577 during our regular business hours, and we will reset your Password.
COMMERCE BANK’S NETTELLER ONLINE FEATURES
Can I download my bank account information into my financial software package?
Yes. Most software packages allow you to download account information from NetTeller. Please be aware that each software package is different. If you require additional software support, please contact the software manufacturer.
When viewing my current transactions, why do I sometimes see duplicate electronic transactions and online account transfers?
You may see the electronic transactions, which include online transfers, twice during our “end-of-day processing.” End-of-day processing is required for your transactions to be updated. This process begins each banking evening and lasts for about an hour. The duplicate transactions will disappear at the end of processing.
What happens if I don’t log off the system?
NetTeller has a 10-minute time-out feature. If you are logged in for 10 consecutive minutes without activity, you will need to log in again to resume banking.
Do I need any special software?
No! All you need is Internet access with a browser that supports 128-bit encryption (Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and higher all support 128-bit encryption). For added security, we recommend that you download the latest browser version, which supports 128-bit encryption. You can test your browser by going to the log-in page and selecting “Test Browser”. We support the currentand prior major releases of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Please note that utilizing older browsers may result in disabled functionality or limited access to services.
|Supported Browswers – Current & Prior major Release|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)|
|Safari – Apple/Mac Users Only|
The supported browsers above are for use with the traditional online banking interface and devices (desktop/laptop), and do not apply to use with mobile devices (phones/tablets). If you are using a phone or tablet to access online banking outside of an app, functionality and appearance may vary from the traditional interface.
Beta Versions: Beta versions are not supported.
Troubleshooting: The following types of tools and/or access are not recommended and may impact experience:
Accessing accounts via an embedded browser such as:
- Personal or Commercial Financial Management Software (Quicken, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Browser bars within AOL, Yahoo, Google, etc.
- Internet portal access within gaming system such as xBox.
Use of browser add-ins (emoticons, FunWeb services, etc.)
Should I have “Cookies” enabled to use Commerce Bank’s online banking?
Yes, your browser must accept “Cookies” to utilize this service. Each browser version handles Cookies uniquely. Please check with your browser software manufacturer to determine how to verify that your settings will accept Cookies.
How can you guarantee the security of my banking information?
We have extremely stringent criteria to guarantee the security of your online account information. Our site requires you to have 128-bit encryption for your protection. If you are unsure about your browser encryption level, please use the “Test Browser” feature on the log-in page to perform a check. More security features are listed below:
- Your banking information never travels the Internet without being protected by encryption.
- Log-in sessions have a time-out limit and after the limit is reached you are required to log-in again.
- Password guessing is deterred and reported.
Internet security is not a one-time task. Our software vendors are constantly developing and implementing security enhancements to ensure the integrity of our online banking system. The latest development is called Multi-Factor Authentication. This added security has built in safety features to verify that you are logged onto thegenuine Commerce Bank website, and that it’s trulyyou accessing your accounts.
Online Banking is new to me. How do I know my money is safe?
As a CommerceBank online customer, your money is safe. We use several layers of technology to make sure your Internet transactions are secure and tamper proof.
1. Your Browser. To provide privacy for the data flowing between your computer and bank server, encryption is used. To tell if a session is encrypted, look at the key or lock icon on your browser. If it becomes solid or appears to be locked, then the session is encrypted. If the key icon appears to be broken or the lock unlocked, then encryption is not in use and the current session is not secure.
2. Firewalls. Commerce Bank Online is also protected by a system of filtering routers and firewalls, which create a protective shield between the outside Internet and customer data.
3. Internal Procedures. To further enforce security, stringent internal procedures control every aspect of bank administration, from training employees to confirming customer transactions to preventing service interruptions.
4. What You Can Do To Protect Yourself. As much as we can do on our end to keep your transactions and account information secure, we need your help.
Your user ID and Password provide one of Commerce Bank Online’s most important security features. Because you can select and change your Password at any time, you play an important role in preventing unauthorized access to your online accounts:
- For your own protection, YOU SHOULD change your Password at least every 90 days.
- KEEP your login information confidential. Memorize it, and DO NOT write it down. (NOTE: Commerce Bank representatives will never ask you for your Password.)
- DON’T SELECT a Password that can be easily guessed by anyone else. DO NOT use, for example, your birthday, your spouse’s name or your current ATM PIN.
- MAKE SURE no one else is watching as you type in your Password.
- DO NOT leave your computer unattended with the browser running and valid ID and Password entered.
- ALWAYS log off the system by clicking on the exit tab to end your secure session so that others can’t access your accounts.
- TELL US at once if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen. Please review your Commerce Bank Online Agreement and Disclosure Statement for details.
Other Security Hints:
- Keep your web browser software up-to-date to take advantage of security enhancements.
- Take precautions to keep your computer free from viruses that might be used to capture Password keystrokes or send information from your hard drive.
- DO NOT use free Wi-Fi or rented computers to log in to online banking. Computers can capture information from the Internet as part of the browser software’s operation, or because someone has loaded a program in it to secretly gather your information.
- If you are away from home and get an unexpected screen asking you for your credit card, password, or account information, DO NOT disclose.
- If you save financial information on a disk, remember that a sophisticated user can read it, even after you have “erased” the file. DO NOT share disk that contain confidential information.
- Practice “safe trash” with printouts of your account information. DO NOT throw them away where prying eyes can find them. It is always a good idea to shred printouts of your account information before discarding.
Why do I have to change my Password when I first log on?
Security. By changing your password to one that onlyyou know, you maximize the level of security to your accounts.
What can I do to stay safe online?
Please remain vigilant when browsing or shopping online. E-cards from unknown senders may contain malicious links. Fake advertisements or shipping notifications may deliver infected attachments. Spoofed e-mail messages and fraudulent posts on social networking sites may request support for phony causes. To stay safe online, weencourage users to take the following actions:
- Avoid following unsolicited links or downloading attachments from unknown sources.
- Refer to: Tips to learn more about Shopping Safely Online and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks .
- Read the Federal Trade Commission’s blog on Cyber Monday shopping.
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Information page on Charity Scams.
If you believe you are a victim of a phishing scam or malware campaign, consider the following actions:
- Contact Commerce Bankimmediately and close any accounts that may have been compromised. Watch for any fraudulent charges to your account.
- File a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
- Report the attack to the police and file a report with the Federal Trade Commission.
Immediately change any passwords you might have revealed and do not use that password in the future. Avoid reusing passwords on multiple sites.
What can I do to protect my mobile device?
We want to help keep you safe while you use your mobile device to browse the web, shop and use mobile banking. We encourage you to keep the following tips in mind:
- Password protect your device. Create a strong password consisting of letters (upper and lower case), numbers, and symbols or a PIN consisting of random numbers (don’t use something like “1234” or the last four digits of your Social Security number).
- Enable the automatic screen lock feature of your device.
- Don’t use an unsecured Wi-Fi network like those at coffee shops. Fraudsters may be able to intercept the transmissions through this network.
- Only download apps from an approved app store. The Commerce Bank Mobile Banking app is only available from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Use caution when downloading apps. Some apps may ask for unnecessary permissions that can be used to “listen” in on your communications or perform other malicious activity.
- Never click on links or attachments in unsolicited emails or texts. Be wary of emails purporting to be from banks that create a sense of urgency or that seem out of place (like “Click here to reset your password or your online banking account will be deactivated.”) Commerce Bank will never ask you for your personal information or your password in a text or email.
- Don’t set your phone to remember passwords.
- Turn on remote wiping apps like “Find my iPhone.”
- Consider installing Anti-virus software on your mobile device.
- Never “jailbreak” your iPhone or iPad. This substantially decreases the security of your device.
- Turn off Bluetooth, especially while using mobile banking, to prevent individuals from trying to “listen” in on your communications.
- Backup your phone.
- Turn on automatic updates for apps and update your device operating system regularly.
- Log out of sites or apps after using mobile banking or performing transactions.
- Wipe your device of all data before selling or donating it.
- Contact Commerce Bank at (662) 286-5577 if you lose your phone or other device so we can disable your mobile/internet banking account.
- Please report any suspected fraud immediately to us by phone at (662) 286-5577.
For more information, visit the following website:“Safe Mobile Banking” from the FDIC.
How do I cancel a pending Bill Payment?
If you need to cancel a bill payment, please call us at (662) 286-5577 or stop by our office at 700 Taylor Street.
Can I put a stop payment request on an electronic bill payment made through the Bill Pay service?
You cannot place a stop payment request on an electronic bill payment, but you may do so for a check issued through the Bill Pay service. There may be other ways to stop an electronic bill payment. Please contact us for more information. Call us at (662) 286-5577 or stop by our office at 700 Taylor Street.
What do I do if I get an error message?
If you receive an error message while using Commerce Bank’s online banking, please make a note of the message, the error number and time, and contact us at (662) 286-5577,clickhere to contact us electronically, or email us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Who do I call for help?
If you have any questions or need assistance with Commerce Bank’s online banking, contact us at (662) 286-5577. We will be happy to assist you.
Is it important to keep Commerce Bank updated on my e-mail address changes?
Definitely. E-mail is an important method we use to keep you updated on electronic payments, news, alerts and other information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone (662) 286-5577, stop by our Main Office, or clickhere to contact us electronically. To change your email address on NetTeller, go to the Options tab. From the Personal submenu option, you can enter their new email address in the Change Email Address field. You must re-enter your new email address in the Reenter New Email Address field to confirm the email address and select Submit to initiate the change.
How can I contact Commerce Bank?
You can visit our Main Office, clickhere to contact us electronically, or contact us through the postal service, e-mail, phone or fax.
700 Taylor Street
Corinth, MS 38834
P.O. Box 1680
Corinth, MS 38835-1680